Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Ron Paul: Friend of Wall Street?

Presidential candidate Ron Paul of Texas, a would-be populist, said as follows to Maria Bartiromo in Business Week:

Q. Do you consider yourself a friend or a foe of Wall Street?

A. If they believe in freedom, free markets, and sound money, they'll love me. But if they like creating credit out of thin air, they'll see me as a threat. I was one of three people who voted against Sarbanes-Oxley because I thought it was detrimental to Wall Street. I'd repeal it.
Dealbreaker conducted a straw poll today: is Ron Paul a friend or foe of Wall Street? The results so far from the mainly Street readership: 88.8% friend, 11.2% foe.

Some populist.

© 2007 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

Digg my article

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site, gary-weiss.com.

Labels: