Friday, January 27, 2006

MORE ON BW: Since my item on Business Week appeared and was picked up by a few places, I've gotten a bunch of calls and emails from current and former BW staffers. All lament this or that. I really wish that people would post their comments here, or somewhere, in addition to letting me know their thoughts.

It seems to an outsider that maybe morale isn't all that hot. But as Lou Grant once put it, "That's why they call it work."

The magazine is certainly looking very spiffy. Hey, I'd buy an ad if I were selling a line of luxury automobiles or a mutual fund. I'd like to see more tough stories, as I previously opined, but that is neither here nor there.

The sense I get is that internal opinion of the magazine's new direction is, at best, mixed. Also I think internal communications could stand some improvement. I told one staffer about that item being mentioned by BW's Blogspotting Blog. The response: "What's Blogspotting?"

Labels: ,